The year 2020 has taken a major hit due to the Coronavirus pandemic across the world. Businesses are shut and markets are down. Amidst all the bad news, you still have a great opportunity to look at your website and find out the loopholes or try to make it better in every way. One major part to consider is CONTENT. This is a great time to revamp your content across all websites and pages. Make it interactive, edit it again, introduce better, trending words and innovative concepts to attract customers.
Content is the ‘undisputed king’ in digital marketing and SEO. It determines how your website will perform on the internet. Without good and relevant content, visitors will leave your website before your landing page is loaded. What makes content so important? The answer is simple, without content there is no information, and without information there is no context to your business. People don’t know who you are and what you do, until they read it on your website, content again.
Apart from providing relevant, current and useful information to the audience, there are several things one must keep in mind when designing content .The face of content is changing rapidly, here are a few things you can do to make your website stand out amidst a massive number of competitors.
1. Hyper Visual Storytelling: Visuals are gaining prominence as content of the modern era. Nobody wants to read anymore, they want to watch it on video. Include a high amount of video content on your websites. Dynamic and interactive video content is an added plus as visuals reign supreme in the world of content. Live streaming, YouTube, Augmented Reality, Virtual reality environments help in fantastic storytelling and capture the user forever.
2. Align Your Content With EAT Content demands credibility which can be built by following the E-A-T formula which is an acronym for:
3. Author and About Pages: Every piece of content; i.e. blog, guest posts etc. should have a functioning author or about page with proper information about the writer. This builds credibility in the reader’s mind and also makes them trust your authority on the subject.
4. Research & Re-search: The more you research, the better your content is. Use of visuals, infographics, graphs, data, branded imagery etc. act as subliminal messages that build trust in the user’s mind.
5. Content for 2020: The current revolution in content demands that it should be optimized for voice search and bi-directional. AR powered visuals and conversational content engages the user longer thus increasing chances of conversions. Beyond this, content delivery matters immensely. Delivery via social media or website or via email gives value to your content too.
Keep on innovating and bringing new ideas to the table. You can not keep the audience for long with the same old beat content or one old video. Update, revamp and revisit your content. Make it error free and address it directly to the stakeholders. The world out there is hungry for more, but it just doesn’t want to eat the same meal twice. If they read you, then they need you.